Friday, September 23, 2011

If You Noticed...

Apologies for my absence last week. I was bedside to someone very dear to me last week in hospice care. I love doing my radio show and playing great music of my choosing every week, but family comes first.

Last week was hard and strange. For the first time in my life I watched someone I love die. I keep replaying her last breath in my head. She went peacefully, yet the image, the moment keeps replaying in my mind. Being by someone's bedside as they past is definitely not for the weak of heart. You'll never be able to erase the sounds or the images from your mind.

But I'm back! This week I decided to play music that makes me happy and makes me want to dance despite being down. New music from St. Vincent and Twin Sister. I think I'll even remember to put up the podcast link today! You lucky kids you! The playlist:

Sea Wolf - You're A Wolf
Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
Twin Sister - Bad Street
Arctic Monkeys - Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
St. Vincent - Year of the Tiger
Blind Pilot - We Are the Tide
Arcade Fire - Ready To Start
Gogol Bordello - Oh No
YACHT - Psychic City (Classixx Remix)
Blood Orange - Sutphin Boulevard
Feist - Intuition
Buzzcocks - I Don't Mind
Cat Power - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
The Drums - Best Friend
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home

No comments:

Post a Comment