Friday, May 20, 2011

What a Week!

Between school and work this week, I am exhausted!

But today could be my last, so I'm going to go have a drink with a couple of well wishers tonight and let come what may!

Not sure if you all were aware, but it's been predicted that tomorrow is the end of the world. I'm not sure if it's been specified if that's Eastern or Pacific standard time. So to kick off the pre-apocalypse party today I played a sampling of end-of-the-world themed songs.

If the rapture does indeed take place, you won't have to worry about your soulless, heathen pets, they will be looked after by them. For a modest fee of course:

http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/ 

A group of atheist willing to watch Fido if you depart. I don't remember seeing this job offered on Craigslist. Maybe it was a temp job, oh well.

And interestingly enough Fox News posted something on their website that wasn't completely hateful, but useful!

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/18/cdc-warns-public-prepare-zombie-apocalypse/

I think I could last in my apartment unharmed for a couple of days before I had to seek supplies. But it just confirms CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!! I already have my Zombie Apocalypse plan ready! I just need to save money so I can purchase a chain mail suit. Or does anyone know how to sew chain mail? Anyone? If you have time before the horde ascends may I suggest some reading. World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide both by Max Brooks. Oddly enough WWZ gives more advice on survival than the guide, things they never really cover in the movies are addressed as "personal" accounts of survival. But the guide is sound with quick and dirty steps.

If you're in the L.A. area and you haven't been obliterated, or you've been left behind then come on down to Hollywood Forever on Santa Monica Blvd and watch the Shining!

A long summer tradition in L.A. is to sit in a rich people cemetery and watch movies projected on the wall of the mausoleum. You can bring snacks and drinks, just no tall chairs! Check it out;

http://cinespia.org/

Here is today's playlist and the link to the podcast http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/erica-20-may-2011/id348527752?i=94185489

Depeche Mode - Told You So
Massive Attack - Paradise Circus
Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
Blue Oyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll
Delays - No Ending
St. Vincent - Jesus Saves, I Spend
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
Prince - Let's Go Crazy
Stevie Wonder - Heaven Help Us All
The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
R.E.M. - It's the End of th World

No comments:

Post a Comment