Friday, June 10, 2011

Good News, bad news

Good morning my eager little bunnies!!!

Last week I complained about having to go to a  wedding. Although the wedding was uber fancy ( i tend to cringe when I have to rock heels esp at weddings) it was pretty fun! It was at the Four Season Hotel in Santa Barbara. I've been to many nice weddings, but not one with a four course meal and different wine selection for each course AND a "butler" for each table.

The food was exquisite, I can still taste the Chilean sea bass and wasabi potatoes. There was even a dessert bar...needless to say if I do have a wedding I'm not going to invite any of the people who went to that one. I can't afford such luxury, I had always planned a backyard BBQ since I hate planning large events lol. Who's bring the potato salad????

Goes to show, keep an open mind and there is no telling the amount of fun to be had. Lesson learned.

I know my blog is super plain and very unexciting. I apologize for my minimal effort. I feel esp bad when I check out the blogs of others that are so engaging. I'm FINALLY done with finals so after catching up with sleep this weekend I'll start to work on the blog. You lovely folks deserve it!

To all my local Los Angeles fans, the Tim Burton exhibit has opened! I can't urge you enough to take the time to go see it. It's twisted and stunning and Tim Burton is my new art hero. I've always liked him, but it's awesome to know that you can become famous off morbid thoughts. There is hope for me yet. Anywho you can RSVP on the LACMA website. I saw it opening weekend at MOMA in New York. I would definitely aim for an non busy weekend, so holiday weekends no bueno.

Here is this weeks playlist. I will post the itunes link as soon as it's available. Last week I was having technical difficulties so last weeks podcast was available kind of late in the day, but I'll get that link up as well. Remember I can always be streamed live from 8am-9am EST on www.party934.com  Have a wonderful weekend!  http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/erica-10-june-2011/id348527752?i=94783343

Belle & Sebastian - If She Wants Me
Bent - So Long Without You
Buzzcocks - Even Fallen In Love?
Cat Power - The Greatest
Coconut Records - Nightiming
Damien Rice - 9 Crimes
Death Cab For Cutie - We Looked Like Giants
Emiliana Torrini - Me and Armini
Gang Gang Dance - MindKilla
Gil Scott-Heron - I think I'll Call It Morning
Maximum Balloon Feat. Aku - Tiger
Natalie Portman's Shaved Head - Holding Hands in the Shower
Thom Yorke - Hearing Damage
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Hysteric

No comments:

Post a Comment