Friday, June 3, 2011

Wedding Season

It's that dreaded time of year again...wedding season.

Not to sound bitter or anything, but I hate weddings. I can't even really figure out why, but I really hate them. I going to one this weekend in Santa Barbara, great location and it should be fun...

I'll try to make the best of it. And before I get hate mail, I don't even want my own wedding! I hate having to sit through them so I don't want to subject anyone else to my own. I've always felt like those type of moments should be private. An expression of commitment that deep is special. It seems showy to do it in front of others, almost like you're bragging. I kind of feel the same way about funerals. Not so much the funeral it's self but the people who flop around and throw themselves upon the casket. I don't know it seems showy and over done.

Grief is powerful, at times more so than love, but at a funeral it's about the person who's going to to be buried not about the person rolling around on the ground in front of them. It's distracting.

Where was I going with that?

Oh yeah, I hate weddings. They are like funerals.

But of course I'm with a sentimentalist who wants a "small" one. Good luck! There is no such thing as a small wedding in Black and Mexican weddings (I'm black, he's Black&Mexican). We both have too many people in our families not to mention friends!!! If you fail to invite someone their will be hell to pay! And with minorities everyone shows, invited or not.

I'm getting a headache thinking of it.

Anywho, I need to pack.

Playlist for today, enjoy! http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/erica-3-june-2011/id348527752?i=94583255
F.Y.I. you have to scroll down a bit to find mine, but it's there! June 3, 2011

Toro y Moi - Still Sound
Daedelus - Penny Loafers (feat. Inara George)
Gorillaz - Empire Ants (feat. Little Dragon)
Little Dragon - My Step
MGMT - Electric Feel
Quadron - Average Fruit
Morrissey - The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get
Yeasayer - Tightrope
Bloc Party - The Prayer
Feist - Intuition
Flying Lotus - Tea Leaf Dancers
Matt & Kim - Daylight
Jack Penate - Tonight's Today
Empire of the Sun - Standing on the Shore
Sia - Electric Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment